Sunday, June 30, 2013

today is the day!

Hello friends!!

It's Monday here in Thailand, and I can't believe two days has passed. Our travels here to Thailand has been somewhat crazy and extremely tiring, but God is good! Upon arriving in Thailand, my health was not so hot, but by prayers and God's grace, I am feeling about 95%, and so much better than when I first felt when I came into Thailand.

These last few days have been full of fun and adventure. It's such a different lifestyle here, and it makes me more thankful for all that I have back at home. I find myself trying to contain my want to complain, but I know that this is also a test of patience and endurance that God is giving me because He has sent me to a place that is beyond my comfort zone. Regardless, I got to ride an elephant and try so many new and delicious foods...and it's so cheap too! And one of the best parts is, we had the opportunity to play and interact with kids from an orphanage! It was such a huge blessing and I am so excited to see them again next weekend!

Anyway, today is our first day of teaching! The school week has begun, and today is the first day we are teaching English. Right now, it is 1:45 PM, and Caleb, Doris, Jimmy, Jenn and I get to teach our first class at 6:45 tonight! It's been a long day of waiting to teach, but the time will come! I am most excited to meet our students and interact with them. I'm nervous, but I pray that we will be bold and reach out and build relationships with the students. After teaching, I shall update more!

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

--joyce


 

No comments:

Post a Comment